Sunday, October 3, 2010

The exploding cake!

I was pretty excited when I heard that my local trainers "Breaking Point Fitness" had won Qld Personal Training Business of the Year (again) 2010 because it meant (if I was allowed to) that I could create something spectacular for the celebration.  I have a wedding coming up in a few weeks and I really wanted to make sure my technique was perfect to create their 3-tier cake so what better opportunity would present itself - a 3-tier it would be!

The Breaking Point colours are orange and blue so this was the start of my inspiration and I had a funky roll of ribbon that tied into that theme perfectly - breaking up the orange and blue with a touch of green.  The three tiers were white chocolate mud, coconut and dark chocolate mud, all ganached and then covered in fondant.  The pièce de résistance was the exploding spots and stars from the top tier....






No comments:

Post a Comment