Saturday, October 2, 2010

Black cupcakes - 21st Birthday party

I was recently contacted by a client who sent me a black and white picture of a cupcakes and asked me I could do it. I automatically googled for the original image and sent it back asking her if she wanted it in colour - at which point she explained they wanted black cupcakes with icing varying from black to light grey. Now initially I ho-hummed about the best way to do this and after a trial dozen found the technique that best match the picture and the client approved of.

The end result was black coloured vanilla cupcakes with buttercream varying from charcoal - light grey.


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how to make a silver tinted icing? I have some cupcakes to do that require a silver icing and I wanted to know how to go about achieving it

    ReplyDelete